Your Real Estate Professionals In Spain
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - WARNING- six speed boxes

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
gavs20v
UltraUser

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 9:13 am Reply with quote Back to top

Just a quick word of warning, ive got a 94 100 2.5tdi avant with the 6-speed box also found in s4's etc. When i bought the car the clutch was heavy which increasingly got worse to the extent wher it was almost impossible to select gears. This was a sudden decline over a matter of days, then suddenly i couldnt select any gears at all. Turns out the pedal box had actually snapped where it mounts onto the bulkhead, this is an absolute PIG of a job to do and would not recommend it to anyone. I ended up replacing the clutch too to be on the safe side, very reasonable from Audi uk, and this seems to have cured the problem. Since this has happened ive heard this happening on quite a few cars with the 6-speed box (majority being the later 100 shaped models such as mine)
Apart from that i cant rate the car enough, i miss it not being a quattro, but ive lowered it with an Eibach kit and its got 17's on and a few other mods too including a full set of s4 white dials, just trying to source leather and what performance mods are available
Gav

View next topic
View previous topic