Your Real Estate Professionals In Spain
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - Vag-Com Group Buy

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
QuattroJames
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

There's a user called NHN on Audi-sport.net forum who has been in touch with Vag-com dealers and and managed to get the price down to £221.75 delivered.

I have no experience of him, so you have to make your own decisions when reading the thread, but it may be of interest to anyone who is considering buying the software and cable.

Audi-Sport.net thread >>LINK<<

Ingolstance 
NHN

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hello to Audifans

Thanks to James for inviting me in, much appreciated, please do feel free to ask over on audi-sport.net about me from number of members about me, I've sold number of items to well respected members with perfect deals so please do ask for your own peace of mind, I'll happily advise of these members if asked.

Just bit of background:

I'm actually a member mostly over on audi-sport.net, dont let that worry you as we're all VAG at end of day, lol, I'm a VAG guy through & through, mostly golf's until 7 years back then I switched to audi & haven't changed as yet, I like modding but usually oem stuff & descreet, fairly technical & more of a wiring guy, I do IT & was installing telecom systems for years, so VAG-COM was a serious tool for me to use on my cars & interesting as well as work with computers day in day out, thats why I thought lately be an idea to be on the forums to supply at a much better price than others & easier as well to enquire.

The deal I have brokered recently is based on me buying 10 at a time which enables me to do for £221.75 I'm hoping to continue this trade & you never know over time they might get cheaper, I need to establish myself with them more I think, might be able to convince Bruce@Ross-Tech to add me as a distributor with enough business, but for now its the best deal I could get from the UK distributors, I tried them all & you won't get it this cheap from any of them, there's enough in it for a beer for me for my time which I think you wouldnt begrudge me for, lol.

What you would get is the full HEX+CAN USB that will work on pretty much all VAG cars from 1995 upwards to present day, the lead has its own activation so no need to register, comes as a lead only package & the software is downloaded directly from Ross-Tech so no need for cd's etc.
To date it has been free updates to newer versions & support if registered with them has also been free, but honestly I havnt registered myself as never needed to email them even once due to the forums helping out, also the wiki by them is pretty damn good aswell.

It works on all the current windows OS's XP, Vista so that covers almost everyone except mac, all you need is a free USB port & you're away.

Item will no doubt be sent out 1st class recorded & payment would be direct into my account as paypal would kill me for 3.4% which than I'm paying for your leads, I dont mind helping to get cheaper but paying for them is a tad to much to ask, lol.

If you're interested please let me know & I'll happily do my best to assist in anyway.

Many Thanks.

Nigel.

helmsy157
Audi Nut

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

hi there Nigel, I have a 1994 and a 1995 audi 80 tdi and am looking to upgrade to vagcom for these cars, I do not intend to buy any newer cars, i am getting on a bit but would like to be able to fully understand whats happening under the bonnet. I have a simple scanner with the two plug to 16 pin cable, suggestions please. lots of confusing data out there

NHN

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

helmsy157 wrote:
hi there Nigel, I have a 1994 and a 1995 audi 80 tdi and am looking to upgrade to vagcom for these cars, I do not intend to buy any newer cars, i am getting on a bit but would like to be able to fully understand whats happening under the bonnet. I have a simple scanner with the two plug to 16 pin cable, suggestions please. lots of confusing data out there

Sorry for delay in reply, tbh given the age of the car, maybe an idea to look at vcds lite with the 2 to 1 adapter, vcds hex-can-usb maybe an overkill for your specific requirement, I will however point RT to this thread to comment directly where possible.

View next topic
View previous topic