Your Real Estate Professionals In Spain
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - A6 C4 dash into 100 C4

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
sinc1964
Inexperienced

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Can I fit the dash from an early A6 into my 1994 100 C4 Quattro?

And if so, do I need a spacific A6 dash. I need to replace my 100 dash as the black paint is peeling badly on the tacho and speedo.

If anyone has done this before I would be grateful to hear. Many thanks.

spink
Bandwidth Buster

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yes it is,'bladerunner did it on someones car(can't remember who's),make sure the dash you get came from a car which has the same amount of cylinders as what yours does or the rev counter will read wrong

audioc
Site OWNER

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:44 am Reply with quote Back to top

can you not just replace the instrument binnacle??

sinc1964
Inexperienced

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

I could , but my car does not have the 3 additional gauges - clock, battery, oil pressure, and it would give me the chance to fit these as well by fitting a complete dash.

Am I correct in thinking then that as long as I find an A6 dash from an early 2.8/2.6 Quattro I will be okay (apart from wiring in the additional gauges etc).

Thanks.

windy

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I changed the dash in my 100 tdi to the a6 se dash ( chrome rings around dials)the extra dials work apart from oil temp gauge .Bladerunner(god bless) fitted a oil pump from an a6, got the trip computor and outside temp display working,The work you have to do is change the postion of one wire for the abs and fit a diode from maplins i can pm you the diagram i got from c4 forum.de if you want

Last edited by windy on Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total 
sinc1964
Inexperienced

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, I would be grateful for the diagram.

Hope to get the A6 dash fitted asap. Cheers Very Happy .

Beerbelly
UltraUser

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:48 am Reply with quote Back to top

Why not go one further an fit a S6 dash? Cool

audi10020E

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Guys,
Thanks for providing such a wealth of info. I am looking to carry out the same mod if I can. I have a '92 'K' Audi 100 2.0E AAD and was wondering if I could have a copy of the diagram. I have the dreaded 'speedo paint peel' problem to the degree that the paint is curling up and holding the speedo needle at 30 mph! I have tried painting the face of the dial which helped for a while but it is peeling again and the tacho is now starting to be affected too. I love this car, I have had it since 2001 and the quality is amazing compared to the xj40 that it replaced. Thanks again..James

t_kali

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:03 am Reply with quote Back to top

windy wrote:
The work you have to do is change the postion of one wire for the abs and fit a diode from maplins i can pm you the diagram i got from c4 forum.de if you want

Hello,
(my english is not very well, sorry for that - i'm not english speaking man)
I try to swap instruments (dash) from A6 C4 into 100 C4, but i have problem with ABS lamp, as you told. But i can't solve the problem. I've tryed to find some wiring diagrmas but they were all wrong.
Can you help me (which wire I have to change)? Or can you write here the link, where you found good wiring diagram?

Meanwhile I solve problem with K-line. In my 100 C4 wasn't K-line comunication with the intruments. Now it is, and I can do diagnostic with VAG-Com, like change Oil interval, etc.
So if you want this, I can help.

windy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:20 am Reply with quote Back to top

Here is link to web diagram for Audi 100 dash i just used Google translate. Parts you need are available at Maplins
http://24max.de/audifaq/A6_KI_umbau/
Please can you post imformation on k-line
Cheers Terry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:54 am Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you Terry, I am waiting for my dash to arrive from the 'Bay and I'll try and document my progress.

t_kali

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:16 am Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for link.

Diagnostic K-Line is much more easier than ABS problem. All you have to do is place one wire from black box in front of windscreen (under the hood - there is diagnostic connectors 2x2 (black and white) and terminal K-Line (right), L-Line (left)) to the dash (instruments) green connector pin 4. That's all, and diag should be working.

Now I'm going to the garage, take some pictures and post it here.

Last edited by t_kali on Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total 
windy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:20 am Reply with quote Back to top

Here is a link to German reichelt elektronik ,i just printed these pages and took them to Maplins

Cheers Terry

http://www.reichelt.de/?ARTICLE=1729
http://www.reichelt.de/?ARTICLE=28320

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Fuse/ relais panel, where is K-Line terminal.

Green connector to the dash.

Detail of the green connector.

audi10020E

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

Well I have had a partial success with my plan to change my 100 dash to an A6 dash. I followed the instructions using a diode and this relay from Maplins:
http://www.maplin.co.uk/interface-relays-37523
and followed the wiring diagram for solution 2 on the German website and also the wiring diagram for the relay:
http://www.tme.eu/en/details/lmr1h-12d/miniature-electromagnetic-relays/rayex-electronic/
and it worked.

My only problem now is how I get the red oil 'can' warning light to go out and stop beeping every time I turn the ignition on. I read above the mention of an A6 oil pump, is that to cure this issue or another?
Either way, I am so greatful for your help with this, the new temperature and fuel guages seem to be much more accurate than on the old dash too.
James.

audi10020E

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Success with the oil light, I just moved a grey/white wire from the 14pin black connector to the correct location on the green 26 pin connector. All I need to do know is sort out the oil temperature guage. Would this be as simple as fitting an oil temp sender and running a wire to the pin on the back of the aux guages? Many thanks Terry for your help..
James.

t_kali

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

audi10020E wrote:
Success with the oil light, I just moved a grey/white wire from the 14pin black connector to the correct location on the green 26 pin connector. All I need to do know is sort out the oil temperature guage. Would this be as simple as fitting an oil temp sender and running a wire to the pin on the back of the aux guages? Many thanks Terry for your help..
James.

Yes, it's so simple. Just fit the oil temperature sensor and only one wire to the connector on the back of the auxiliary gauges, as you said.

windy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

Hi James Like t_kali said it is just one black wire to the oil pump, unfortunately mine beening a TDI there was no were to fit sender on my oil pump hence i changed for an A6 one .You maybe lucky and the postion for the sender maybe just be blanked off .Did you get a dash with a trip computer and outside temp display? Cheers Terry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:20 am Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for that, I have just freed off a blanking plate on the oil pump right next to what I think must be an oil pressure switch. I have ordered a temperature sender from Ebay and will run a wire to the back of the guage. I don't think that my dash has a trip computer or an outside temperature readout. My dash was a new part from what I think was a 1.8l. I guess quite a basic spec. Regards..James

somervillearron
Audi Nut

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

sorry for bringing up a old thread!!

did you have any issues fitting the dash? i have a 2.5 tdi also and i can get the cluster with all the extras from a year newer 2.5tdi a6

did the trip computer work? was there anything that did not work? and by plugging it straight in what works and does not work

thanks i hope you can help

audi10020E

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I didn't have any trouble fitting the new dash. The only area that required some thought was the ABS Warning light as I needed to add to the wiring to turn it off. A Haynes manual has the relevant wiring diagrams in the back. My advice is go for it, once you start it is all quite logical. Regards Jim.

View next topic
View previous topic