Your Real Estate Professionals In Spain
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - S2 avant

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
farmerphil
Inexperienced

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

Well it all started when I saw this car on Ebay ,it was on with a problem ie cam belt had slipped it turned out that the guy who owned it had tried to change it but had forgot to tighten the bottom pulley and it had slipped .Any way I bought the car and planed to fetch it on the Sunday after the auction had ended , the car was situated in Western Supper Mare which is about 200 miles from where I live .On arrival the owner did admit that he had made a mess of his attempt at changing the belt but Id bought it so it was my problem now not his .
On returning with the car I pushed in to the lock up and left it there for a day or so . One of my friends from another forum offered me a complete engine (block with pistons rods &crank cylinder head , exhaust manifold with turbo ) which snapped his hand off and went to fetch the next day .

farmerphil
Inexperienced

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Up date, after a week or so I started to dismantle the engine what I found was not good ,all ten inlet valves were bent and the pistons were all damaged beyond repair plus the bores were pitted and warn to the extent that a re bore would be needed .So the bought in engine was shipped to the machine shop to be chequed and tested to see if this was any better.
After a week the machinist got back to me with his assessment , firstly the head needs all new exhaust valve guides and a skim ,the other engine may require a re bore ( was hoping not !), will have to see and then there is the bottom end , oh well it should be as good as new once all this is done .

hoolio
Got Nothing Better To Do

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cool Cool Very Happy Wink Rolling Eyes Laughing

Site OWNER

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't see this Phil (as mentioned on the phone)- I'll upload the photos from the day you bought it later this week (when I've caught up!) Laughing Laughing

Do you want the number plate removing? (Or does it matter as you're selling it?- the plate, that is)

farmerphil
Inexperienced

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Andy ,cover the plate please as i dont want to get any body asking about the plate as it needs to be put on retention thanks Smile

audioc
Site OWNER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

farmerphil wrote:
Hi Andy ,cover the plate please as i dont want to get any body asking about the plate as it needs to be put on retention thanks Smile

Will do Wink

View next topic
View previous topic