Your Real Estate Professionals In Spain
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - How to tune wastegate actuator in K14 (Audi vs Peugeot) ??

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
HF1600ie
Needs to get out more

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,
I´ve seen that in Peugeot 306 Turbo Diesel, which also uses K14 turbo, if we want a little more spring pressure to have wastegate closed more time, we unlock the pipe at the wastegate controller and then turn that pipe clockwise with an 2.5mm allen key.

But in our Audi A6 2.5 TDi, there is also this pipe with a rubber pipe connected and there´s not actually anything to place the allen key and rotate. It is all one pice and it is not threaded like in the Peugeot 306. This metal pipe in the Audi, comes off as a one pice.

So... how does this process is done in Audi 2.5 TDi ? Rolling Eyes

HF1600ie
Needs to get out more

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm,, just wondering, if Audi as a boost thin pipe connecting in the nipple of K14, and it goes to N75, then it means that what is done mechanically in Peugeot 306 is done electronically in Audi A6 - N75 ECU map !!

Am I right ? I think I found N75 map in ECU. This may explain why I am requesting 1,2 bar and only boost 1,0 bar. Probably need to tweak what controls opening of wastegate actuator via N75 map.

SkyRocketeer
Camped on the site

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

think you've got it - most the functions on the later 2.5 engines are electronically controlled.

How did you access the ECU maps?

HF1600ie
Needs to get out more

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,
Yes, maybe it is just electronically controlled. But for instance, in the Audi/Vw/Seat 110hp engine 1.9 TDi, there is mechanical adjustment of the wastegate in the VNT turbo, and also, the N75 map in the ECU.
I actually never tuned that map in my previous car with this engine and I always got the boost I wanted in every rpm.

I can access the maps by taking out the chip (eprom) from the ECU. In the Audi A6 C4 there are 2 eproms. One is for fuel management and the other is for turbo+timing management.

I have mine tuned, but I can´t boost more than 1,0 bar stable boost. However, I am requesting 1,2 bar until 4000rpm and 0,9 bar at 4500rpm.

Next step is to tune N75 map and see If I can up boost.

Chiptuning in the C4, even with stock turbo and injectors can make a lot of difference ! Smile

View next topic
View previous topic