Your Real Estate Professionals In Spain
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - OK done with screwing around with fuel pump. Got whole tank

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
brad131a4

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm getting a whole tank and working pump from a dismantler close by. What I'm looking for is how to remove the original one. Anyone have an easy answer or I'm guessing I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get the Bentley CD. God I hate those things.
Well scratch that as I think the car figured out my plan. It actually pumped fuel to the rail after I reinstalled it for the umpteenth time. Now I'm waiting for the battery to charge and I'll give it a go after work tomorrow.

MikeO
Camped on the site

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:20 am Reply with quote Back to top

You might want to mention which car you're talking about... Cool

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

sorry it's a 01 S8. Been battling the fuel pump housing for the last 7 months. Just didn't want to work. Finally decided to just change the whole tank. Well the paperwork didn't get there so I couldn't get it. So I figured I'd give it one more shot. What do you know it actually just fell right into place no battle no nothing. Check out the spigot with my borascope and it looked good.
Then the seal went in without causing a problem and a quick spin of the locking nut and I was wondering what just happened.
Put the hose by the fuel rail in a bottle and hit the fuel relay and filled it in about 3 seconds. It's never done that before. Then of course the battery was dead so I charged it over night and on the second try she fired right up. Since it has less than a 1/4 of a tank I'm guessing I'll be just fine as I let it run for about 10 minutes and it only died once when I stabbed the gas real quick before it had warmed up fully. Nice to have saved $400 that I was going to pay for the tank and fuel pump together.

morgan94

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The biggest headache, when replacing a tank, is the fact that it is a container for the gasoline. It becomes even more of a headache when you don't have a fuel pump working properly which would allow you to drive the gas out of the tank. You have to remove the gas because it is too heavy, and dangerous, to try and remove the tank with too much fuel in it. I don't know much about the set up of a 01 S8. Hopefully your problem is solved, and you don't even have to worry about replacing the tank.

View next topic
View previous topic