Your Real Estate Professionals In Spain
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - rear suspension trailing arm bushes

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
helmsy157
Audi Nut

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hello all again!!
Does anyone have experience of replacing these bushes. Can I do it without removing the axle and what tools will I need, meaning any special bits and how easy to remove and replace. Ta all

shaun5
Needs to get out more

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ive replaced them on my b4 80 saloon recently but I refurbished my axle so it was removed from the car. I used a big hammer and chisel to remove mine and a big washer and hammer to refit the new ones once everything is cleaned up. It doesn't take much to remove the axle but im a mechanic so I would say that Laughing

Don't know what car you have but ive got spare axles that im in the process of reconditioning to sell on. (B3 and B4 axles) they are put in de-rusting solution so look like new once a coat of paint has been applied.

merton
Bandwidth Buster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

have you done the bushes yet? is it front wheel drive? i changed the rear axle bushes on my front wheel drive 80 saloon b4, took me around 4-5 hours on my own, taking things slowly as i am not a mechanic, i left the axle attached at one end and replaced with poly bushes, and left the brake lines attached, took the abs sensor wires out of a few clips to give enough room and used a long bar to lever the axle down far enough to knock out the old bushes whilst being careful not to pull the brake flexi hoses. be careful of cheap bushes a have read alot about cheap ones needed relacing in a year or less, lemforder are ok, i used powerflex poly bushes and they took seconds to fit and no special tools

View next topic
View previous topic