Insurance quotes through Adrian Flux
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - Fontain Motors - Iver - Servicing....

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
dean_watford
Inexperienced

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm,

Just been left with a bit of a bad taste in my mouth.

Dropped the car off yesterday with a little list of things to look at.....

1) Passengers door doesn't close properly
2) Front fog light surround is loose
3) Bloody annoying sqeak from dash
4) Centre console lights have a mind of their own - dim and bright as they want
5) 12" long scratch on wing
6) Car doesn't always start - turns over too many times before firing.

So they wait until 3 O'Clock to call me with some pretty crap answers to the above....Tell them i will be there at 4 to collect the car.

Get there car isn't even washed yet. Speak to Sonny the service guy about the above.

1) He says his technician of 11 years thinks the door is fine. After opening and closing it a few times we agree it simply isn't.
2) Says that they didn't want to investigate in case it was broken - D'UH!!!
3) can;t hear squeak - Find this strange as every single person I have in the car hears it!!
4) Says, and I nearly lost it here, that they checked the fault computer and no fault was found - Are audi's that advanced that an LCD display fault shows up in the diagnostic computer??
5) he hasn't even bothered to ask the guy about the scratch let alone get someone like dent master to look at it
6) Can't replicate fault - fair enough but no offer on contact to investigate it further.

On top of that I speak with Audi UK who check the car history and quote me 240 for a second variable service.....not Fontain's 315. Granted Fontain changed the plugs but they also snook in a pollen filter which wasn't needed either as it was changed at 20k as per servcie book.

Car was washed but they didn't even bother to clean the chrome exhaust....(ok maybe I'm being picky now!!)
I just can't help feeling that they have missed out on business with 2) and 5). It was just pretty crap service - Even Renault managed to look at my car and respond before 3 in the afternoon.

I'm not going to advise people not to go there as I have no experience of a genuine Audi dealer but I know where my car will be going next time........

P.s. Don't you jsut hate it when they get in your car and change all the bloody seat settings and wing mirrors!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

jas11n
Site ADMIN
Site ADMIN

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

dean_watford wrote:

4) Says, and I nearly lost it here, that they checked the fault computer and no fault was found - Are audi's that advanced that an LCD display fault shows up in the diagnostic computer??

Strange as it may sound, yes the instrument cluster can log fault codes that can be read on a diagnostic setup.

1995 S2 Coupe - sold
1995 A6 Avant TDi - sold
1993 80 TDi - sold
1990 90 2.3 auto - scrapped
1989 Coupe 2.3e - sold
1990 cq20v - sold
1990 80 2.8 quattro - sold 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
markcov1980
Camped on the site

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Jason, would that be if they had Vagcom and knew how to use it rather that some crappy garage thing like my old garage had which has one lcd display and would say fault s13 on it.....

Unlike vagcom which can tell you a whole lot more...

Mark

Audi 80 1.9 TDI 1Z Saloon (SOLD TO JASON)

Audi A6 2.5 TDI SE AAT Estate (SOLD TO MIKE O)-(JASON got it now)

Audi A6 1.9 TDI SE AFN Estate (In Daily Use) 
jas11n
Site ADMIN
Site ADMIN

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, vag-com can tell you a whole lot more Mark.
I would expect the above garage would have it.

1995 S2 Coupe - sold
1995 A6 Avant TDi - sold
1993 80 TDi - sold
1990 90 2.3 auto - scrapped
1989 Coupe 2.3e - sold
1990 cq20v - sold
1990 80 2.8 quattro - sold 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
QuattroJames
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It seems to be a typical experience these days, apparently it's acceptable to treat someone's pride and joy this ways. Like you it frustrates me when for just a little bit more care and effort they probably would have got further business from you. And now they will have none. No one treats your possessions as good as you do unfortunately.

Ingolstance 
dean_watford
Inexperienced

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Oh dear it gets worse.....

2 weeks ago I went to fit a replacmeent panel filter and discovered on removing the engine cover that there were securing screws missing from the air filter housing. I removed the remaining screws and couldn't get it apart.....

A bit of a closer look reveals that they have glued the damn thing back together!! I was fuming. Took the car back and the mechanic who inspected it couldn't believe his eyes. He had only been there for 2 weeks and said that in 11 years at an Audi main dealer that was the craziest thing he had seen done!!

Got dealership manager and parts manager involved. Promise part would be replaced and I would be contacted the following Monday. That was 2 weeks ago. No call.

Have tried several times to contact and am now trying to speak to the owner - Marcus Robinson. Not interested in returning my calls.

Am progressing with Trading Standards but all I can say is AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!!

redblackaudi
Banned by Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Catch him in person at Audi Driver.

Pilgrim
Camped on the site

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

And these are the people who have the full page ad in Audi Driver ....hmmmm.

Inexperienced

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, in fair and honestness this needs an update (which has been prompted when I just spoke to Fontain again).

Had the car over 2 years now. It has been back to Fontain several times (mainly becase I had a 2 year warranty with it and they were best placed to use that).

In summary for those with not much time, Garvin who works in Service now is a top bloke and always makes sure that things are done well. Can't fault him.

They have serviced the car 3 times since I purchased it, all to an acceptable standard at lower than dealer costs. No incidents rsulting from poor servicing. And a loan car has always been available even if my car hs needed to stay for a longer duration.

They have also resolved:

Rear cluster stopped working. This resulted in a wiring trace and part of the interior being removed. Resolved and refitted ok.

Loss of power(1). Busted PCV valve.

Loss of power(2). This turned out to be a split O ring on one of the turbo pipes. Diagnosed and fixed.

Also had my BBS Split Rims cosmetically refurbed there twice with good results.

Of the issues listed earlier:

* Fontain did replace the entire engine cover at their expenses with what looked like a brand new unit.
* Console light dimmer switch was replaced under warranty.
* Scratch is still present..... it is too deep to polish out and needs a spray so their paint guy was right!!
* Car still has a mystery starting issue which only occurs when it is cold and wet. Not too worried as it does start but it just turns over too many times for my liking.
* Squeak!! Is still there. They did try to resolve by tightening the dash but its still as annoying. Can understand their reluctance to remove the entire dash to tighten evey screw.

Overall I would rate the extended service I have experienced on par with that from a main dealer. It has got better from my first experiences.

hello1

audioc
Site OWNER

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

thanks for replying at putting your post into "perspective" Wink

View next topic
View previous topic