Your Real Estate Professionals In Spain
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - Tyre wear/ tapping noise.

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
FrankG

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:31 am Reply with quote Back to top

I recently heard 'tapping ' noises at each revolution of the wheels, which came and went once the car had warmed up properly. I swapped rear/front, with no difference, but when I tried all wheels with the car jacked up, although all rims were running true, there was a depression in one rear tyre, about 5 inches of wheel circumference, evenly across the tyre. I was advised it was a tyre fault, changed tyres, no different. I was then advised it was a wheel fault, changed wheels, no different. I am left with only a possibly faulty wheel bearing, which only shows when the car has been on the road for some time, then only sometimes, (no detectable play in bearing), never if you don't exceed 50, buit then it may be heard at anything over 45. The noise was very loud on a newly made up motorway in France, any Ideas?

View next topic
View previous topic