Your Real Estate Professionals In Spain
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - Bromely tuning unit

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
DrX
Needs to get out more

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 4:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Any of you TDi owners out there fitted a Bromely tunit unit (http://www.tunit.co.uk/)?

If you have what do you think..... Question

avantissimo
Camped on the site

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Don't really know that unit. hoever this I do know: it is not realy a good idea to go for an cheap chip option. there are some (for DIY fitting even) that simply interfere with sensor readings > giving the ECU false data wich results in higher turbo pressure + richer fuel. But this can be causing smoky exhausts (illegal emmission) high consumption and shorten your engines life.
Better have the whole ECU reprogrammed professionally. costs a little more but is eventually propably cheaper.
My A6 was tuned by ABT in Kempten Germany. they have someone in Macclesfield (cheshire) working for them.
If anybody interested I try to find their Phone No

DrX
Needs to get out more

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 2:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the info. The Bromely unit is only avalliable for diesels, and can be DIY fitted (they claim in 10 mins) - all this leads me to assume that this particular unit sits inbetwen the ECU and fuel injection pump and moderates the injection parameters so more diesel is injected at a slight earlier time - dunno that's my guess. As you say I can't see how it could also moderate turbo boost pressure unless you had the eintire ECU reprogrammed.

Bromelys claim an extra 20-25% increase in bhp and torque, along with this they calim that fuel consumption will actually go down!?! Seems paradoxical to begin with but I think they calim that because of the increased torque you can change down earlier and thus in the long run save a bit in fuel....

The unit costs approx £300 for my 1.9TDi - still unsure if it's worth it, or , as you suggest go for the chip option.

avantissimo
Camped on the site

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

as i wrote earlier. this is the cheap chip option feeding the ECU with altered data. it does change turbo pressure and fueling (wich is controlled by the ECU). again- i would not recommend it (see earlier note). have it done propperly (professional ECU programming). I paid ca 1100 euro including a new airflow meter wich was faulty. I think tuning alone should cost you arround £700 or less for yours

RogerP
Inexperienced

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 11:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I have fitted one of these to my A4 2.5TDi, at least it is EXACTLY the same but with a different sticker on it, supplied from Germany for half the price !!! Results are stunning, with the jumpers set to deliver maximum power (210bhp) it still produces no smoke! I would never have the ECU buggered about with as it's not easily reversible. I can dissable this device in 1 minute, and remove it completely in 10.

DrX
Needs to get out more

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 9:17 am Reply with quote Back to top

RogerP,

Sound great - where did you get yours from? Half the price sounds very attractive Razz . Did it come with any disclaimer about engine damage?

Cheers,

RogerP
Inexperienced

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 9:30 am Reply with quote Back to top

Look at this web site, this is the actual units, as you can see they are identical to the Bromley units. The price on there is not what I paid, if your interested let me know and i will find out more for you. www.speed-buster.de

View next topic
View previous topic