Your Real Estate Professionals In Spain
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - All the Trimmings...

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
wagstafari
Audi Nut

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Audi A4 2.8 Quattro

Well I have been contemplating exchanging my Cabriolet for another car for a little while, and Im pretty dead set on going with the A4 Quattro. Im new to this model so not too sure what variations there are?? So require your help

I basically want one with all the trimmings, so my question is do all the elements listed below come with one particular model or not?

If not which model has the most of the below?

Any advice regarding what to look for in an A4 would be great…

Also my car will be up for grabs to help fund my new purchase, so any questions or comments rgds that then pls ask.

Spec’s which I want…

Trip Computer with Driver Information System

Full Black Leather with front Centre Armrest,

Sports front seats

Bose Concert Sound System with 6 CD Changer,

Walnut Trim, - not bothered about this as I would prefer the graphite finnish

Heated Seats with Electric Lumbar Support,

Auto Dimming Rear view Mirror

Dual Climate control & Air conditioning

Traction control,

Electric Windows, Electric Mirrors with Sunroof

Body coloured bumpers with body kit,

Fully Remote Central Locking With 2 Fobs

Sports suspension -

Fully adjustable leather sports steering wheel (the S line wheel)

Front and side airbags

Tiptronic sports – is this any good?? What about the fuel economy compared with the manual??
Which of the 2 is the better engine?

1.8 T Sport quattro 180 BHP

2.8 Quattro 30V V6 engine 190 BHP (is that correct?)

Look forward to seeking some information of you guys...

All the best

Waggerz

Confused

jools
Audi Nut

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Blimey!!

Main problem is that all goodies that can be fitted to Audis come as optional extras so each car will be different. Unless you scour the for sale pages I dont think there is any way you could guarantee having all that from one car (unless anyone knows different).

SE spec has stuff you want but the S line has different parts as standard followed by optional extras list.

Ex demonstrators would ususally be extra specced but you would have to buy from the dealer with limited miles (ie megabucks) or just keep your eyes peeled.

Jools
3.0 TDi Quattro

wagstafari
Audi Nut

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeh the above post lists the best bits ive seen available on different cars, im def chasing rainbows if i think im gona get em all. But still i wanna get as many goodies in my new ride as possible...

Got my eye on a few cars at the mo...

Do quattros suffer more in comparisson to 2wd audi (i.e my cabriolet) from ware and tare?

Wag

Shocked

jools
Audi Nut

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

As far as i am aware the quattro drive system is pretty much self sufficient and is a mechanical leave it alone type of unit.

I have had 3 quattros now and would never consider anything else especially if you want to tune the engines. The 4wd allows the power to get to the tarmac evenly as opposed to spinning wheels whilst leaving the line - very uncool. Much better to hammer off without wheelspin even in driving rain!

Slightly more fuel consumption (especially on the 1.8T) but the 2.5TDI quattro sport (180) can be chipped to 210 and is simply one of the finest cars I have EVER driven. The V6 engine sings and the old Audi ad campaign of "the more you know the less you need to show" is exactly right!

Had a tiptronic 2.5tdi Q which also had Bose. Nice sound but nothing really special if you ask me and the tiptronic was a bit of a pain. VERY VERY expensive to repair if it goes wrong along with things such as clutches etc. Very nice for around town though.

Hope you find the one you are looking for!

Jools

Adam
Camped on the site

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

i managed to get one with everything. apart from heated seats and cruez controle, i even got one with sat nav and a tv in it, full leather full electrics even on the seats, sport pack.. the whole lot, i paid £6,700 for it and its perfect 73,000 miles on a W plate! Its a 2.8 V6 Quattro what a machine it is!
Hope you find what your looking for

Cheers, Adam

Inexperienced

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

im loving the tdi's like. bags of torque and cheaper to run

hiltoa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:44 am Reply with quote Back to top

I've just aquired an Avant 1.8T quattro sport with 80k + FASH.

It's got the computer, half-leather sports seats, aircon, remote cl, bose concert + 6cd, alu trim, leccy windows and mirrors, sports susp, s-line wheel, 180bhp and quattro. All finished in Santorin Blue Pearl.

Quite pleased with it for less than £6k.
Needs a good oil flush though, been serviced every 10k, which is not enough in my book and has resulted in the occasional low oil pressure warning after a long run. Updated turbo oil feed and 503.01 every 5000 miles from now on...

Audi Nut

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Mate,

You have to bare in mind that the dual climate control only started on the B6 01 Y onwards and the S line steering wheel even later (04 - 54 plate). Both the 1.8 T Sport and the 2.8 were only available on the B5 (95-01), they were not carried over to the B6

Apart from that you should be ok but I think you will have to wait awhile to find a model that well spec'd IMHO

Go for quattro if you can!

Paul
58 A4 2.0T S-Line
54 A4 TDI Quattro Sport (180BHP REVO UPGRADE) 
wagstafari
Audi Nut

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So im still looking for my A4....

I dont know where else to look as I search through Autotrader religiously everyday, I search through ebay as well, and always keep an eye out for private sales on the road.

But still no joy…

Im after a 2.8 (as from what ive read this is the best engine, with ample power and torque), with preferably between 40 – 60k on the clock. Have mentioned above all the extras id like to have, so all I need now is the option to purchase!

Im looking to spend in the region of £5000 grand for my ideal car and I don’t really want any older than a V (on a ’99) possibly id settle for a T (same year I believe), but definitely no older that that.

I live in Portsmouth and am getting very frustrated that I cannot find my next new car here. Does anyone know of a suitable car which is up for sale? Either private sales and garages etc, possibly p/x with my cabbie – see link below.

Also ive noticed that some A4’s have the aluminium trim around the windows, (same as the trim I have on my cabbie

http://www.audifans.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=12138&highlight=

) and I particularly like this look, which models does it come with, from my guessing it comes only on the later models??

Id appreciate some help on these matters,

Hope all is well out there in Audi Land,

Regards

Alex W

Shocked

docurley
Camped on the site

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

Well if you’re not going to tune the engine in anyway then yes the 2.8 is the better engine but buy adding a chip to a 1.8T you will have a car with 200bhp+.

Buy the sounds of things you will want a face lift model as these got all the extra bits wood trim is stock on the 2.8 so no probs there but as stated you will be hard pushed to find all the bits you want in your list as stock.

Now for finding a car try these.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/list.asp?s=172
http://www.autometrix.co.uk/html/classifieds.html (They all so do a magazine called Audi Driver.
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=32

Oh and one other thing the 1.8T did come in the B6.

View next topic
View previous topic