Insurance quotes through Adrian Flux
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - Bluetooth / phone prep for new car - some advice needed

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
Chunkers
Inexperienced

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

Bluetooth / phone stuff

My A6 Allroad will come with the Technology 'low' package and includes something called 'Mobile telephone preparation Low with
Bluetooth and voice control
'. I am not very savvy about this kind of thing so would appreciate a bit of guidance.

My current Volvo has a built in phone and its own sim card, all the controls. address book etc are accessed from the cars steering wheel and displays. If I want to take the same approach with Audi and use the same phonecard will I need to buy a phone and some kind of dock for it?

For clarity, I just want the car to have a built in phone, its own number and for it to be charged / integrated into the car so we can fit and forget it. Could someone recommend a phone (do I need a cradle as well?)

I am not interested in syncing with my own mobile as it is provided by my company who have strict rules, I could be disciplined if I answer it whilst driving (on hands-free or otherwise). For this reason I like to keep the number separate for private use only.

I phoned the supplier (getting it through a lease company, Zenith-Provecta) about my car and is now registered, in the UK (since last month apparently) and is sat in a yard somewhere and will not be delivered to me until August due to 'computer issues', bizarre.

I guess my thoughts were I could buy a second hand phone with bluetooth on ebay, fit my sim install in car and forget - what do you think?

Thanks in advance

Chunkers

View next topic
View previous topic