Your Real Estate Professionals In Spain
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - ACE-engined 16v Coupe

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
mikeyweaves

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've owned this car for the last 18 months and have 'lurked' on this forum for most of that time while searching for info and guides etc.

The car is a 1993, 3-owner (i'm the 3rd), low-miles (<90K) minter! Aside from a small bubble on the roof above the A-post and some stone-chips, the exterior really is in fantastic condition - here's how it looked when I got it home in November 2009!

The interior is also in fantastic, unmodified condition;

I'm a VW-aircooled-nut and since buying the coupe, other projects (my camper and the wife's beetle) have been higher on the list of things to do so the coupe was left under a cover in my lock-up from May 2010 until the end of the year.

Since Christmas though, things have started to progress and the coupe now looks like this:-

Now sitting on 18" FOX RS6 alloys with 215/35 tyres, lowered on -60mm BOGE springs all round and uprated Delphi shocks the thing not only looks the part but handles really nicely too! Very Happy Other recent additions also include clear indicators/repeators, remote locking with 2x flip keys/fobs and an updated Kenwood sound system. Future projects are supposed to be new injectors, modified air-box and 2.3 throttle body plus the fitting of an already-sourced ECU/super-chip! However, a new company car looms and aircooled projects still need finishing so the coupe will probably be up for sale in the summer following a few shows! Sad

Mikes2
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like the windscreen has probably been replaced if you have rust on the roof

mikeyweaves

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Mikes2 wrote:
Sounds like the windscreen has probably been replaced if you have rust on the roof

Nope, its closer to the top of door than the screen.

nose
Bandwidth Buster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Mikes2 wrote:

Your bang on with that Mike,thats what happened to mine,who ever fitted it had gone through to the body with his knife/cutter when getting the old screen out,and over time water gets in etc etc.I had a new windscreen fitted at the same time when i had to have the WHOLE ROOF resprayed! Shock

Nice looking Coupe btw Mickeyweaves Cool

Replaced by a white Peugeot 306 Rallye, 2.0 16v, 6 speed, 167bhp 
mrbless248

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Mikeweaves,

Nice Alloys mate. I was looking for those Fox RS6 alloys and cant find anywhere that does them. Where did you get them from?

View next topic
View previous topic