Your Real Estate Professionals In Spain
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - Radio reception.

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
bosigran
Camped on the site

Location: In the dark recesses of your mind. But if not there then Bath or Dubai

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:35 am Reply with quote Back to top

My D2 S8 has lost radio reception. It's actually an intermitent problem; sometimes works but mostly doesn't. The CD player is fine. it all statred after I had some work done at a local independent garage. I am still in despute about the crap work they did and they have refused to accept any responsibility. Anyway, I've had a quick look but can't find anything loose. Does anyone have experience of this problem?

Thanks very much.

Steve

1995 80 2.0 Sport. Hit a deer. Both car and deer written off. Kept me in venison sarnies for months tho!
1989 CQ 10V. Ebay mistake
1990 90Q 20V. Ebay bargain
AOC 1503 
silverd2
Needs to get out more

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

Steve,

What part of the car were they servicing?

They may have clumsily unplugged something >>

If it's the same as a US model, not only is there the normal antenna connection on the rear of the radio head, but also an antenna amplifier in the boot mounted to the underside of the rear window hat shelf and 4 antennas built into the rear window...that rear antenna amplifier unit also constantly chooses (depending on best reception) between the antennas, depending on best reception at the moment.

Cheers,
Sam

bosigran
Camped on the site

Location: In the dark recesses of your mind. But if not there then Bath or Dubai

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:02 am Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Sam

They were actually replacing the oil cooler and timing belt so apart from disconnecting the battery I can't see what else they could have unplugged.
On mine there is a separate antenna on the rear left wing (fender to you guy) so would there be antennas in the rear screen as well? I haven't had time to look closely, and to be honest it's not vitally important after all it's a car not a mobile disco. Anyway I'll take the unit out and see if any is loose or unplugged, if not look at other connections and see what happens.

By the way, I fixed the inlet manifold flap levers and boy, what a difference. It was actually easier than I thought as on mine the plastic flap spindle that the plastic arm fits to is actually a separate item. So without even having to remove the bellows, just disconnecting them, it was a simple case of removing the front housings complete, remove the spindle and clean everything up. Very easy. I should have taken some photographs but never mind.

Thanks again, Sam and keep well.

Steve.

1995 80 2.0 Sport. Hit a deer. Both car and deer written off. Kept me in venison sarnies for months tho!
1989 CQ 10V. Ebay mistake
1990 90Q 20V. Ebay bargain
AOC 1503 
waleed030

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:59 am Reply with quote Back to top

On mine there is a separate antenna on the rear left wing (fender to you guy) so would there be antennas in the rear screen as well? I haven't had time to look closely, and to be honest it's not vitally important after all it's a car not a mobile disco. Anyway I'll take the unit out and see if any is loose or unplugged, if not look at other connections and see what happens.

View next topic
View previous topic