Your Real Estate Professionals In Spain
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - Audi 2.6 cabriolet roof problem

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
Uk174

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I am new to this forum and have just bought a w reg 2.6 auto audi cabriolet from auction.Mechanically the car is fine only having covered 75k with fsh. However when i bought it i knew that the roof was not working, but now that i have it back at home i have tested the roof and it is working but only partially.I have found that when i release the roof locking handle i dont seem to get the windows to drop so i have to lower the windows first and then unlock the handle before using the power switch.
When i use the switch the roof starts to retract and the rear storage section opens but only slightly, it seems to unlock and thats it then it stops. It doesnt seem to go up fully to allow roof to be folded away.
Does anybody have any leads as to what may be the issue here, obviously there is power so maybe the wiring is good.could it be as simple as hydraulic fluid level or maybe weak pump?

Uk174

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

My apologies, made a mistake in the first post.... The windows do drop when hood release lock is opened, but now after trying to open it i am getting nothing at all,windows drop and then as i raise the roof a little and use the power switch i get nothing , cant even hear the clicking sound that i was hearing earlier. !! Any ideas ??

bluehazerd

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Mine had issues early on,turned out to be low fluid level because the upper rams are weeping,i just keep it topped up now

venzur

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It does sound like lack of fluid, but could be anything roof related - see the sticky.

I'd try topping up the the fluid as it's the cheapest option - my previous Cabriolet used to have the same problem, topping up the fluid would restore the roof to fully working order, however the operation would begin to slow as the fluid leaked out of the rams and then stop working once the fluid had drained from the system.

After swapping out the upper rams, eventually found the lower rams were leaking, so bit the bullet and had them replaced...around £700 for the pair (OEM) and 5 hours fitting.

Al

View next topic
View previous topic